Welcome to International Consulting Engineer’s (ICE’s) web site, located at www.ice-inc.net
(the "Web Site
"). Use of the Web Site, information, services, and content distributed through or in conjunction with the Web Site (collectively, the "Services
BECAUSE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE IMPOSE LEGAL OBLIGATIONS UPON YOU, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THEM CAREFULLY.
Purpose of the Web Site and Services
The Web Site and Services are services made available by ICE. The information and/or content available in or on, or accessed or downloaded through or from, the Services ("Information And Content") are made available solely as a convenience to you for general informational purposes only and are not intended to provide specific commercial, financial, investment, accounting, tax, or legal advice. The Services and all Information and Content is provided to you solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for purposes of resale, distribution, public display or performance, or any other uses by you in any form or manner whatsoever.
No Representation Regarding Content
ICE has used commercially reasonable efforts to obtain the most accurate and timely information available, but does not guarantee the accuracy, authenticity, timeliness, reliability, appropriateness, correct sequencing, or completeness of any of the Information and Content. You agree that all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, any of the Information and Content contained in the Services rests with you. You further agree that ICE shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any of the Information and Content.
Limited License & Permitted Uses
You are granted a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable license to:
- use the Services solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and
- display, download, archive or print a single copy of any discrete Information And Content, or any information and/or content otherwise distributed by or from ICE, solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes, provided that, in doing so, you do not further distribute, sell, or modify the Information and Content in any way, maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein, and you comply with the User Conduct and Obligations set forth herein (collectively, the "Permitted Uses").
User Conduct and Obligations
Your license to access and use the Services is subject to the following restrictions and prohibitions on use ("User Conduct and Obligations"). You agree that you shall not:
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available through, or to, the Services any content that:
- is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, lewd, offensive, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable;
- might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others;
- might violate any local, federal, or international law, or any rules of any securities exchange, either intentionally or unintentionally, or;
- contains any viruses, trojan horses, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or disruptive computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- reproduce, copy, modify, distribute, market, display, transfer, sublicense, prepare derivative work(s) or adaptation(s) based on, sell, exchange, barter, transfer, or otherwise make available in any form or by any means, except for the express limited Permitted Uses, all or any portion of the Services or any Information and Content retrieved therefrom;
- disrupt, disable, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Services, or their computer systems, servers, or networks;
- provide false information about yourself to ICE, impersonate any other person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity, your affiliation with any person or entity, or the origin of any content, message, or other communication;
- upload, post, transmit, share, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation, bulk e-mail, or duplicative messages;
- use any automatic or manual process to collect, harvest, gather, or extract information about other visitors to or users of the Services, or otherwise systematically extract data or data fields, including without limitation any financial and/or currency data or e-mail addresses;
- use the Services for the purpose of gathering information for, or transmitting, unsolicited bulk commercial e-mail over the Internet to other users of the Services or to other third parties. Internet e-mail sent to, or through, the computer systems of the Services or to users of the Services or to other third parties containing invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names, or other deceptive addressing is deemed counterfeit. SENDING, OR ATTEMPTING TO SEND, COUNTERFEIT E-MAIL TO, OR THROUGH, THE COMPUTER SYSTEMS OF THE SERVICES IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED;
- provide access to or use of any portion of the Services through any timesharing system, service bureau, the Internet, or any other technology now existing or developed in the future, except as specifically permitted in writing by ICE;
- redistribute any Information and Content in any manner whatsoever including without limitation by means of printed publication, fax broadcast, web pages, e-mail, web newsgroups or forums, or any other electronic or paper-based service or method, to any person, organization, corporation or other entity, including within your own organization or externally, except for the limited Permitted Uses;
- use any Information and Content, including but not limited to financial and currency data, for any purpose competitive with ICE’s businesses which include, without limitation, providing raw currency data and currency rate conversion services;
- present, archive, cache, frame, scrape, or mirror any Information and Content from any part of the Services within another web site, except with express written permission from ICE;
- remove, obscure, or alter any notice of ICE's intellectual property rights present on or in the Services, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, and/or patent notices,
- copy, disassemble, decompile, translate, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the Services software or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the network and/or computer architecture, except as permitted by mandatory rules of applicable law that cannot be misapplied by contract;
- remove, disable, defeat, or change any functionality or appearance of the Services or intentionally alter the format in which financial and currency data is provided by ICE or otherwise circumvent the Services' regular interfaces to such data; and
- embed or import any financial and currency data provided in, on or through the Services into any information services (whether or not web-based), data files, or application software, including without limitation accounting and payroll systems, except as specifically permitted in writing by ICE.
The foregoing prohibitions expressly include, but are not limited to, the practice of "screen scraping", or any other practice or activity the purpose of which is to obtain lists of data, portions of a database, or other lists or information from the Services, in any manner or in any quantities not authorized in writing by ICE.
Remedies for Violations
License of Your Content to ICE
THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. ICE, ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND/OR SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. ICE DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR ANY WAY RELATED TO:
- ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THE SERVICES AND THEIR INFORMATION AND CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS;
- ANY THIRD PARTY WEB SITES OR THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS SOFTWARE AND CONTENT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, ACCESSED THROUGH HYPERTEXT LINKS IN THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM;
- THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES, INFORMATION AND CONTENT, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF;
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, INTERNET ACCESS PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO YOUR, OR ANY OTHER PERSON'S, COMPUTER AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES, OR;
- YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES.
ALL WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE, ARE EXCLUDED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS. ICE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT SOFTWARE, INFORMATION AND CONTENT, OR MATERIALS IN THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, TIMELY, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, OR OTHERWISE RELIABLE, OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SOFTWARE, INFORMATION AND CONTENT, OR MATERIALS AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES. AS A VISITOR TO THE SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY RELIANCE ON OR USE BY YOU OF ANY INFORMATION AND CONTENT SHALL BE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL ICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. ICE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LEGAL FEES AND COURT COSTS) IN ANY WAY DUE TO, RESULTING FROM, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH:
- THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, OR ANY INFORMATION AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN;
- YOUR PARTICIPATION OR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION AND CONTENT POSTED ON MESSAGE BOARDS OR E-MAIL FORUMS, OR;
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND/OR ANY INFORMATION AND CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY OF THE FOREGOING IS DETERMINED TO CONSTITUTE A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
TO THE EXTENT THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS PROHIBITED, ICE'S SOLE OBLIGATION TO YOU FOR DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO $1.00.
You acknowledge and agree that ICE reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at any time, to modify, change, add to, terminate, or discontinue (with respect to an individual user or all users) the Services and/or any associated services, Information And Content, or technical specifications with or without notice to you, and that ICE will not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, any such modification or discontinuance.
Privacy and Personal Information
Confidentiality and Transmissions over the Internet
ICE, the ICE logo, the spinning currency logo, and other identifying marks of ICE are and shall remain the trade-marks and trade names and exclusive property of International Consulting Engineers, Inc., and any unauthorized use of these marks is unlawful. Other trade-marks on the Services are the property of their respective owners. All content in the Services, including without limitation all programs, complied binaries, interface layout, interface text, documentation, and graphics, is the copyrighted property of ICE and is protected by international copyright law. The Information and Content may be used by you only for your personal, non-commercial use as expressly provided for in the Permitted Uses and may not be taken out of context or presented in a misleading or discriminatory manner. Any rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by ICE.
Indemnification by User
Third Party Web Sites, Content and Products and Services
You acknowledge and agree that your correspondence and business dealings with any third parties, including any merchants or advertisers, found on or accessed through the Services, including payment for and delivery of any related goods and services, and all other terms, conditions, representations, and warranties related to such dealings, are solely as between you and such third parties. You understand and acknowledge that some of the services accessible through the Services are provided by third parties and may make use of the ICE name, logo and/or other identifying marks of ICE, and that in certain instances, ICE may receive referral fees and/or other compensation from third parties on a per use or other basis based on your purchase or use of third party goods or services found on or accessed through the Services. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IN SUCH DEALINGS WITH THIRD PARTIES, ICE IS NOT THE SELLER OR PROVIDER AND YOUR AGREEMENT OF PURCHASE OR FOR SERVICES WITH SUCH THIRD PARTY IS SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY, AND NOT ICE. ICE ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CHARGES, LOSSES OR LIABILITIES YOU, OR ANY USER OF YOUR ACCOUNT, INCURS WHEN MAKING PURCHASES, DEALING WITH OR COMPLETING TRANSACTIONS WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES. By accessing third party services through the Services, you hereby authorize such third party service providers to provide ICE with personal information regarding your use of and your activities with respect to the purchase and use of third party services and/or goods.
Hypertext links or pointers to third party web sites and references to products and services offered by third parties are provided to you for convenience only and do not constitute an endorsement or approval by ICE of:
- the organizations that operate such web sites;
- such third party products and services.